Southern Style Kale Greens
It can be hard to eat your veggies when it's so cold outside! However, cold or warm, sick or well, we need to get our veggies in. This warm, nutrient-dense southern style kale recipe will fill you, comfort you, and help you stay healthy during these colder months.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
4 oz of Applegate Uncured Sunday Bacon
1 bundle of kale
3-4 cloves of garlic
2 cups of Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth (or make your own with this mix from Jarrow!)
1 tablespoon of Some Honey Pure Honey
1 teaspoon of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
a dash of red pepper flakes
sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Throw 4 oz (about half a package) of bacon into a large frying pan and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
2. While your bacon is cooking, de-stem and chop the kale.
3. Remove bacon, allow to cool, and then chop. Save half or more of your bacon grease, depending on how rich you want the dish to be!
4. Chop your 1/2 onion, and crush fresh, peeled garlic cloves.
5. Add onion and garlic to the bacon grease in your pan, and saute until lightly browned.
6. Then, add in fresh kale, bone broth, chopped bacon, honey, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
7. Cook until the kale is wilted to your liking. Taste and see if it needs salt and pepper. Enjoy!