Frontier Co-Op Organic Beet Powder, 16 oz.
- Made from the red, fleshy root portion of the beet plant
- One pound of re-hydrated beet powder is equal to 9 lbs. of fresh, unprepared beets
- Try mixing into smoothies, applesauce and tomato sauce
- Use for coloring in red velvet cupcakes
- Comes in a 1 lb. (16 oz.) bag
Frontier Organic Beet Powder is made from the red, fleshy root portion of the beet plant after the root hairs and green tops have been removed. One pound of beet powder re-hydrated is approximately equal to 9 pounds of fresh, unprepared beets. Beet powder is popular in traditional Flemish and Slav cooking, but also works well for adding color, flavor and a nutrient boost to a variety of domestic fare. Frontier's organic bulk beet powder is kosher certified and non-irradiated.
Directions: Use approximately 1/3 cup water to re-hydrate 2 tablespoons of product. Hot or boiling water rehydrates instantly.