These natural, do-it-yourself bath bombs make any bath a lavish and relaxing spa experience. They’re the perfect handmade gift for any occasion.
½ cup cornstarch
1 cup baking soda
½ cup citric acid
2 teaspoons Liquid Coconut Oil
Dried flowers, herbs, or tea leaves (optional)
¾ teaspoon water
16 drops Rose Absolute Oil
6 drops Ylang Ylang Oil
Small spray bottle filled with water
1. In bowl, stir together dry ingredients: cornstarch, baking soda, citric acid, (and dried flowers or herbs if using) breaking up lumps.
2. Separately, mix together the wet ingredients: liquid coconut oil, water and essential oils
3. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing very thoroughly. The mixture should be the consistency of fine, moist sand when you squeeze the mixture in your palm.
(TIP: If the mixture crumbles too easily, you can use a spray bottle to spritz water gradually to desired consistency.)
4. If using dried flowers or herbs, place some in the bottom of each mold
5. Fill each mold with the damp powder mixture, pressing everything in the mixture down firmly.
6. Allow the molds to sit overnight to dry and harden before removing from the molds.
7. For a fragrant and calming spa experience, add one bath bomb to your bath - or give away as memorable gifts!
*Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. Do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. For adults only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing. Not intended for use with pets. Discontinue and consult your healthcare practitioner if rash appears after skin contact.