DIY Organic Plant Fertilizer
Surely your mom has told you about putting eggshells in her garden? This garden secret capitalizes on that simple idea but provides immediate fertilization with nutrient-rich water, as well as fertilization over time from eggshells -- without the large, embarrassing chunks of shell that take forever to disintegrate. If you already eat boiled eggs, this trick comes at no extra cost to you and is all-natural. Sounds like a win-win to us! This trick is especially great for organic produce gardens.
Shout out to @planterina for her amazing tutorials that inspired this idea.
1. Boil your eggs as per usual to prepare hard or soft-boiled eggs.
2. Save your boiled water -- that's liquid gold! Take your eggs from the water with a spoon.
3. When you peel your eggs to eat, add the shells back to the boiled water you saved.
4. Allow to cool, and save shell-water mixture in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
5. When you're ready to fertilize, add shell-water mixture to a high-speed blender, and blend until shells are super small.
6. Shake and pour over the plants you want to fertilize!