Buttered Maple Sweet Potatoes
This is our go-to, plant-based, Saturday morning healthy breakfast treat. It's sweet, with all the spices of pumpkin pie, and the goodness of real maple syrup. Sweet potatoes, with the skin on, are stuffed with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, anthocyanins and beta-carotene. Plus, it's so good, it'll have you asking, "Sweet potatoast, who?"
Want to watch the class? See the Facebook live stream!
Prep time: 30 minutes
2 medium sweet potatoes, or 1 large
1.5-2 tablespoons melted Miyoko's Vegan Butter
A heavy dash of Simply Organic Cinnamon
A smaller dash of Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon of Miyoko's Vegan Butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Chop into 1/4 inch slices, or small dice sweet potatoes with the skin on.
3. In a large bowl, add cut potatoes, high heat cooking oil, and toss until lightly and evenly coated. Then, add spices and toss again.
4. Spread spiced, oiled sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet, and pop into the oven for 23-25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a tiny sauce pan, heat up maple syrup and butter (the combo is magic!) together over low heat.
6. Serve up your potatoes hot, and pour over the buttered maple syrup for the ultimate weekend breakfast! For best results, be sure to share with a loved one.